Back Products
Drum mowersDrum mowersLawnmowersLawnmowersLawn tractorsLawn tractorsBrushcuttersBrushcuttersMulchersMulchersMultifunctional carriersMultifunctional carriersVARI modular systemVARI modular systemPressure washersPressure washersGeneratorsGeneratorsWater pumpsWater pumpsSweeping brushesSweeping brushesWood sawsWood sawsLog splittersLog splittersEarth augers Earth augers VARI powered by EGOVARI powered by EGOVARI for childrenVARI for children
New productsNew products

Discussions on products

PJGCV190 driving unit (GSV 190 engine)

Number of entries › 9 | The latest entry › 1. 4. 2019
ERIAU LG
Hello, Can alkylate gasoline be used in Honda engines? Because I would like to run my new GSV 190 engine with Motomix fuel from the STIHL brand. Best regards, Louis-Gabriel

Hello,

As far as I know, the Stihl Motomix fuel is a mix of fuel and oil designed for 2-stroke engine. That's why it can't be used in this 4-stroke Honda engine. The best choice is a high-octane premium fuel without any ethanol components. Standard 95 octane fuels with added ethanol require very good care in order to avoid a carburettor clogging, because the modern garden machinery engines are very sensitive (most important: store the engine with dry carburettor; recommended: add a fuel stabilizer into the fuel, such as the one from Honda).

BR Petr Dolezal, Export dpt. VARI, a.s.

ERIAU LG
Hello, Thanks for the answer, but I must say that I was wrong! I wanted to talk about MotoPlus 4-strokes. Best regards, Louis-Gabriel

Hello Louis-Gabriel

Now I understand. You can use Moto 4 Plus for the Honda engine, it is a highly recommended type of fuel for small engines. As soon as E10 fuels become standard at petrol stations, it will probably be necessary to use such type of fuels as E10 fuels will be much worse for small engines then today's E5.

BR Petr Dolezal, Export dpt. VARI, a.s.

ERIAU LG
Hello Petr, Please excuse me for the error. I use my first GSV 190 with SP95 in which I put a stabilizer, and it works very well. But in the second I have not used yet, I will put MotoPlus. Because like you, I think it will be difficult to find the appropriate fuels for our small engines. Thanks for the help! Best regards, Louis-Gabriel

Hello Louis-Gabriel

No problem with the error. It will be nice of you if you could let us (and other readers) know about your experience with the MotoPlus in GSV 190. I think it is an interesting topic.

Thank you & Best regards Petr Dolezal, Export dpt. VARI, a.s.

ERIAU LG
Hello Petr, Ok, I will share my experience with this product after use. Have a good day! Louis-Gabriel
ERIAU LG
Hello, I used the Honda GSV190 engine with MotoPlus gasoline. It works well, the idle is stable. The cost is higher than with SP95! The 5 liter can is almost empty, it will be time to do the first drainage of this engine. https://youtu.be/LXt3V-BNavQ Best Regards, Louis-Gabriel

Hello Louis-Gabriel

Thank you for testing the gasoline and for the information about the results. It is great that the engine works well, now we can be sure that we make no mistake if we recommend this type of fuel to our customers.

The video is very nice, thank you as well.

Best Regards Petr Dolezal, Export dpt. VARI, a.s.

You have to be logged in to enter a discussion.