Back Products
Drum mowersDrum mowersLawnmowersLawnmowersLawn tractorsLawn tractorsBrushcuttersBrushcuttersMulchersMulchersMultifunctional carriersMultifunctional carriersVARI modular systemVARI modular systemPressure washersPressure washersGeneratorsGeneratorsWater pumpsWater pumpsSweeping brushesSweeping brushesWood sawsWood sawsLog splittersLog splittersEarth augers Earth augers VARI powered by EGOVARI powered by EGOVARI for childrenVARI for children
New productsNew products

Technical and repair matters

Using a new driving unit with an old transmission

Number of entries › 3 | The latest entry › 9. 9. 2014
Andrew Ray
I have a brand new (2014) DSK316.1PSVN transmission and PJGCV190 driving unit and LSE-120. It seemed a good value to me to get new to have a well functioning mower and efficient engine. However, I've bought second-hand a DSK-317 transmission (rv. 1992). The one problem with it is that the attachment clips have apparently changed forms over the years. Is it possible to use the "nyt" (obj. čislo 106048) from the new DSK-317.1/S in an old DSK-317 transmission?
Andrew Ray
OK, so I read the FAQ, and see it can be done, and just want to confirm this is the right part number for what is shown on that page: http://www.vari.cz/en/advices-and-manuals/faq/is-it-possible-to-use-the-modern-four-stroke-honda-engines-for-the-old-two-stroke-gearboxes/art:20240/

Hello

The pins in the gearbox are different for 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines, so the gearbox you bought is intended for 2-stroke engines. Changing the pins (nyt 106048) is necessary and no other modifications are needed to use the gearbox with the new engines.

Best Regards Petr Dolezal

You have to be logged in to enter a discussion.