Back Products
Drum mowersDrum mowersLawnmowersLawnmowersLawn tractorsLawn tractorsBrushcuttersBrushcuttersMulchersMulchersMultifunctional carriersMultifunctional carriersVARI modular systemVARI modular systemPressure washersPressure washersGeneratorsGeneratorsWater pumpsWater pumpsSweeping brushesSweeping brushesWood sawsWood sawsLog splittersLog splittersEarth augers Earth augers VARI powered by EGOVARI powered by EGOVARI for childrenVARI for children
New productsNew products

Technical and repair matters

Broken gears in DSK-317

Number of entries › 7 | The latest entry › 19. 11. 2020
Andrew Ray
Probably from accelerating too fast when in the third speed, I stripped teeth from the pinion (106014) and big gear (106017) of my DSK-317 transmission (from 1992, and now I see from looking inside, still with original bearings-- some marked CSSR, some CSFR!). I noticed that there is a different pinion and big gear for the 4 stroke version of the DSK-317. If I get those instead, will they fit in the two stroke gear box and convert it to a 4 stroke gearbox? On the other hand, reading some of the forum in Czech, I saw that in the past was offered a DSK-317 two stroke gear box with a 4 stroke motor to be having greater pulling power? In any event, I have now learned how not to accelerate...

Hello

Yes, it is possible to buy the pinion (106038) and the big gear (106039) for the four-stroke engines and rebuild a 2-stroke gearbox to the 4-stroke version. If it shall be used with a four-stroke engine, you also need to replace the pins 106528 with 106048.

And yes, a 2-stroke gearbox with a 4-stroke engine is running a bit slowly and the pulling power is a bit higher. It is recommended to use a 4-stroke gearbox with the 4-stroke engine but the decision has to be made by each user based on his experience and/or feelings from one or the other version.

Best Regards Petr Dolezal, Export dpt. VARI

Andrew Ray
I will stay with two stroke gears then. Often I am climbing fairly steep slopes, and I think power and lower speed is an advantage then. But just to be clear: there is no greater risks of the gears being damaged when using the original two stroke gears with a four stroke motor?

Hello

This solution can be advantageous for your conditions. It does not increase any risks of damage to the gears.

Best Regards Petr Dolezal, Export dpt. VARI

Hegóczki Zsolt
Hogyan juthatnák hozzá a képen szereplő centrifugális tengelykapcsoló húzóhoz magyar országon.

Hello, I don't see any pictures but a centrifugal clutch puller can be ordered at our distributor in Hungary, Rotáció Kft. Contact details at www.rotaciotata.hu.

Képeket nem látok, de magyarországi forgalmazónknál, a Rotáció Kft-nél megrendelhető egy centrifugális tengelykapcsoló-behúzó. Elérhetőségei a www.rotaciotata.hu oldalon.

Best Regards, Petr Dolezal, Export dpt. VARI

Hegóczki Zsolt
Köszönöm a felvilágositást,nem bántam mag a vari gép vásárlást csak azt sajnálóm hogy egy forgalmazó van magyar országon . Tiszteletel Hegócki zsolt.

You have to be logged in to enter a discussion.